Pre-Planning and Payment Options
Don’t burden your family with these serious decisions, especially when they’ve just lost someone they love—you.
Our pre-planning guide makes it clear and easy to get started. With more than 180 questions, decisions and points for discussion, the guide will help you record your wishes in a central place for family and friends at the time of need. Please call Jamie Sarche at 303-322-7764, for a copy of the guide or you are welcome to stop by and meet with Jamie personally or we can mail the planning guide directly to your home.
Pre-planning can take some of the stress and financial anxiety off of your family after death and ensure the kind of memorial event you want. While some this may come easy to, it is understandable that it may feel uncomfortable or overwhelming for others.
You can do a lot today to prepare—but don't do this alone. Invite family to be part of this process; it will help you while helping them be connected in a meaningful way.
How to Get Started
- Create a list of family and friends to be notified in case of a medical emergency or death
- Write an obituary or record information you would like included in an obituary
- Gather photos, video, audio recordings and memorabilia to permanently preserve in an online memorial
- Decide where the funeral notice, obituary and memorial information should appear.
- Select where would you like to be buried
- Find out the requirements of that cemetery, including the need for a vault (concrete liner)
- Choose level and type of religious observance
- Select a venue, such as a chapel or graveside service
- Choose a celebrant or officiant
- Select pallbearers
- Designate a charity for contributions in your memory
- Select speakers or specific readings you would like to have
Request a copy of our pre-planning guide by calling Jamie Sarche at (303) 322-7764 or you are welcome to stop by and meet with Jamie personally. We would also be happy to mail the planning guide directly to your home.
Every year, hundreds of families across the Denver metro area make the decision to prepay their funeral expenses. They recognized that today's flexible prepayment plans help minimize the stress and financial burden on their loved ones, protecting them from inflationary pressures and eliminating second-guessing on how much to spend and how to spend it.
Our vast experience serving Denver's diverse community means that Feldman Memorial can coordinate a customized payment plan that fits your unique needs, including periodic automated bank account withdrawals. The growth is non-taxable, so depending on your region, if your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside, those funds will be refunded back to your beneficiaries. For more region-specific information, speak to your funeral director.
" I am aware that you, yesterday, allowed me far more time with you than was necessary for us to conduct "business", for which I am most grateful. Clearly, I needed "hand-holding", far more than I had anticipated that I might. I feel very comforted by having made funeral arrangements through you, and I truly intend to share that feeling with others, as the opportunity arises. I will continue to be grateful for your "hand-holding" and “business” assistance, of yesterday." - JCP